Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm So Blue

Ever since the blueberry pancakes a couple days ago, I've been craving blueberries! So last night I mixed some oats and oat bran with soy milk and let that sit overnight with about 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries and half a banana. This morning I added an unhealthy amount of cinnamon, agave nectar, and maple syrup, and microwaved for 3 minutes. You'd think with all that sweetness from the nectar and syrup, it would be a sweet tooth sensation, right? Wrong! This was the blandest bowl of oats I have ever feasted upon. I attribute the lack of flavor to the -frozen- blueberries. Flavorless themselves, they added nothing but volume to the dish. Eventually I was forced to pour in a packet of Splenda to make the taste more bearable, because I hate letting food go to waste.

Lesson learned: always use fresh blueberries.

No comments: