Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ultimate Grilled Cheese

It's just deathly hot outside! Especially when you're walking around town for hours in heavy clothing! What was I thinking?
After collapsing on the couch to have some much-needed TV-watching down time, I made my way to the kitchen to create this: the ultimate grilled cheese. My sandwich consisted of gobs of raw onion, cubed avocado, tomato, and "mozzarella cheese." I grilled it in olive oil until the bread was crunchy (the cheese had a hard time melting, though) and served it alonside a bowl of thick tomato soup and a small sliced apple. I also had a nectarine (not shown).


On another note, I ate a cashew cookie Larabar for my snack this morning, and ohmygosh I was utterly amazed at the ingredients! I ate it thinking, "hmm, I taste almond..cranberry.." Boy was I wrong! There were two ingredients: cashews. dates. I was blown away.
See you all for dinner!

No comments: